3.21.2011

RaT *tat* *tat*

Heeellloooo there bookworms! Do you know what's coming up in a MERE few weeks?

*drum roll please*

Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-Thon.

Of course there is barely anything else that is more decadent than reading bunches of books, chatting it up bleary-eyed with other book bloggers, and chowing up some nourishing (and maybe notso nourishing) snacks.

I'm doing my happy dance a la Snoopy style.



Please, do not confuse with this Snoop:



I'm getting myself prepared, perusing through my books, and making my stacks.  This year I want to hit it HARDCORE.  I've always participated but in a half-hearted-no-way-I'm-staying-up-past-midnight sorta way.  This year I'm going for it.  Or at least trying.  No comforts for me man.  I'll be calling it quits ONLY I can no longer turn a page and I'm beginning to semi-drool on myself.

Finally, because I cannot say it better than this man:

Who's coming with me?!

5 comments:

  1. I'm so excited!! Karen and I have booked our hotel for two nights and we plan to go see Jane Eyre on Friday night as a kick off! We won't be staying up the whole night but at least we'll be away from kids and have a hotel all to ourselves!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous that you're going it and I'm not! :( It's ironic that the one weekend I have plans in April is the weekend of the read-a-thon. BOO! Have fun, it's an absolute blast!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never "officially" been able to participate because of school and being busy so I'm hoping I'll get to completely do the read-a-thon this time around!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm always a late signer-up! More than likely I'll be there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had dreams all last night that that baby came early and I didn't get to have my spa day this Saturday or my readathon day next Saturday.

    STAY PUT BABY--AT LEAST ANOTHER TWO WEEKS.

    And if she does--I'm with you. At least until I pass out from exhaustion. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!