7.03.2011

TSS - Happy Fourth Folks




The Life

 This have been nice and slow this past week.  In fact, I think I mostly lounged around the house reading and catching up on some of my favorite television series.  I'm sorta in a social funk, ignoring my phones and pleas to come out and play.  I'd much rather be a recluse, lost in my own thoughts.

pic from here
I did make an exception though.  On Thursday I met up with a couple of pals for our first belly dancing class.  Man alive, it was more activity than I was expecting.  Belly dancing is one of the most beautiful forms of dance I've ever seen.  I love how sensual the movements are.  Essentially bodies flow into the rhythm of the music. But you know what?  Those movements are hella tough to orchestrate.  And unexpectedly, I was SWEATING by the end of the hour.  Sweat, folks.  Coming for a gal who could bike twenty miles (at a nice steady pace) and not break out in even a brow dripping.  Oh and the mirrors?  Yeah, a wee bit daunting.  I get it, they want you to see what you're doing right or wrong.  Haha, it only reiterated that I gots no rhythm.  STILL, I absolutely freakin' loved it and will be back at the class this coming Thursday.  AND I think I talked my pals into trying out Zumba with me this week also.  What the hell right?  I already no I can't dance; it's good to be able to laugh while working out. *snicker*

And, all of my American folks, which I think is the majority of you, I hope you have a fun-filled fourth of july tomorrow.  My cats DETEST the fourth.  Scary whistling fireworks and crashing booms.  People have been "practicing" in the neighborhood since the end of last week.  Corki, Charlie, and Little Girl (oh my) come racing into the bedroom looking like they're practicing a duck and cover drill.  Poor things.  They'll be hating us tomorrow.  We have a few friends coming up for a BBQ (providing the rain doesn't shove us inside the house) and they we'll be doing our own fireworks.  D secretly enjoys this holiday even though she says it's "for the kids".  I'd like to point out that this year all of the "kids" are in high school, so I call BS on that.  *smile*

The Blog

This week I reviewed,

  • Spellbound by Cara Lynn Shultz - TOTALLY loved it.  Unexpectedly LOVED it.  And the author cracks me up.
  • Supernatural Noir edited by Ellen Daltow - uh, scary stuff folks.  Not to be read in the wee hours of the night.


AND, I joined the 100 Mile Challenge.  Go on now, sign up.  You know you wanna!

The Books

This week, I finished

  • Hourglass by Myra McEntire
  • Shine by Laura Myracle
  • Beauty Queens by Libba Bray
  • I Stole Johnny Depp's Alien Girlfriend by Gary Ghislain


This up and coming week, I plan on reading

Whatever my fingers pick up.  I've been in a non-commital mood lately. 

3 comments:

  1. I've said it before, but i can't wait to take a belly dancing class!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any form of dancing is fabulous, but belly dancing looks so enticing, I am glad you had a wonderful time (and sweat is such an added bonus!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The fourth is no a happy time for our dogs either. But happy fourth to you and yours anyway.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!