9.10.2012

BBAW - Lovin' My Book Peep




Monday: Appreciation! There are no awards this year, but it can still be hard to navigate the huge universe of book blogging. Share with your readers some of the blogs you enjoy reading daily and why.

This is a tough one because there are SO many freakin' (book) bloggers that I love out there and I can easily give myself a headache trying to pick and choose.  Still if you haven't checked out these gals - and I'm sure you have because they're all so squeezylicious - go to them now!

Fizzy Jilly Soda Pop - Mistress Fizz is my #italong partner in crime.  We wear clown noses.  She writes bookish songs.  I sing them in my head. 

Trish Ms. MultiTasker Master - Someone needs to design this girl a cape, because she's hands-down the closest thing to a super hero in my eyes.  You never know what this gal will be doing - one minute hosting the monstrous book The Stand, the next canning fruit. 

Andi the Cute Culinary Queen - Andi brings Community to the book blogging world with a capitol C. Aaaand if you follow her on twitter, she is always up to homecooking.  I need her to be my neighbor.

Authentic Allie who's Conquering Classics- What's great about Allie is she just doesn't hold back or in other words, she "keeps it real, man".  I love her process in life and in books.

Care "I can give Special Agent Dale Cooper a run for his pie" - I love that I can just do a quick google search and type in books, care, pie and she's the first link that pops up.   She is just fantastic - not only does she wear her clown nose proudly, she is an Eastern girl too...which means I have company on teh twitter in the morns. 

....and then there's some gentlemen. 

Cool as a Cucumber Chris -Dude, don't let him tell you otherwise...this man IS that cool.  Who else can separate the craziness of working intake at a mental health hospital and Real Life.  (Chris, you know your working world could make for a CW series!) Stop by for his musical tastes and his love of taking pictures.

Cowboy James and Book Devouring Dakota - I always picture James as a cowboy.  In part, because he is the reason why I read Lonesome Dove, but also because he has this gentlemanly air about him with the sorta believe-in-them-ethics that an old western gent might carry.  Also, he's pup, Dakota is a rascal (although admittedly, Dakota hasn't seemed to go for any books lately).

Once again, I wish that I could have spent a few hours on this post.  I keep on looking at my Reader realizing all of the wonderful people who I have missed.  Seriously.  If you're new to the blogging world, it's definitely not the ARCS that keep this world going, it's all of the great people you meet in it.

29 comments:

  1. A very fine group of folks! I wish Andi and I were neighbors, too -- I'd take a homecooked meal anytime!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally what I'm saying! I'll bring the wine. :)

      Delete
  2. There are a lot of new to me blogs on that list, can't wait to check them out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love today. You all have made me smile and laugh and some of yous have made me cry a little bit. But seriously--I can't imagine a more vibrant and FUN community and am so glad to know you.

    And I love that you brought up the visual of CB as cowboy. Ha!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm wondering if I can convince him to take a picture wearing a cowboy hat?! Also, why is that man not on Twitter yet!!

      Delete
  4. This is such a fun way of doing this list and I love a lot of these blogs, too! also, I see your Team Peeta button! Kindred spirits, tbh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG Peeta for life!!! And Amy, you are sooo awesome for doing this. I can imagine the work that it must take. Cheers to you.

      Delete
  5. Ooh these are all new to me. I'll be checking them all out, so thanks for sharing.

    Tanya Patrice
    Girlxoxo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dig your blog name so much! *teh awesome*

      Delete
  6. LOVE IT! You are welcome at my house any time. I wish we had smell-o-vision on Twitter because you'd love the chicken thighs I cooked this afternoon. Woot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a fun event, I wish I knew about it earlier. Hope you have a good week with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's hard keeping up with the GReader, but it's fun. Next year we'll get you up and going. Are you going to do Dewey's Readathon?

      Delete
  8. Awww shucks. You're awesome. :) The alliteration is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so happy that you have found your calling with teaching!

      Delete
  9. OMG! Thanks! I don't even know who Dale Cooper is! I'm so uncool to be hanging with this posse, but I hope I can learn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Care! You've never seen Twin Peaks???? You must change that!

      Delete
  10. Couldn't agree more that it's the great people you meet that keep the book blogging world going! Happy BBAW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish BEA wasn't in NYC! Haha it's so $$$$ We need to infiltrate a small no-name city to do a book blogging meet up!

      Delete
  11. Not only are the ones you chose great bloggers but also great people! Have a fantastic week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. More wonderful blogs to check out. I love this event....wish I had known about it. Oh well...hopefully next year I can participate.

    Have a fun week.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    http://silversolara.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to see that you just jumped right in!

      Delete
  13. I love how we both just keep making each others names longer and longer. :-D

    And yeah, I'm sure I missed an apostrophe somewhere in that sentence, but I'll be damned if I can figure out where it goes.

    I live in eternal hope that this crowd will all be on a boat together In Real Life someday. How awesome would that be?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm working on a Jilly limerick. And also, that boat would be wicked and outrageous and I think we'd end up on the news. BUT I would love every minute of it!!

      Delete
  14. Thank you for a link that had me laughing this morning. I basically slept late and missed all of BBAW this year. I enjoyed your interview swap, too. I love that tree house you found.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!