9.11.2012

BBAW: My Interview with Cathy of Kittling: Books


Cathy of Kittling: Books
Cathy is the blogger behind-- not only The Queen of Patpong but-- Kittling: Books, a blog that focuses primarily on her love of bringing bad guys to justice via her favorite genre of crime fiction.

As Cathy and I worked out what we wanted to do with our joint interview, we both realized that we're very visual people. Thus an idea was born.

If a picture is worth a thousand words, how about asking each other questions in which a photo (or photos) would serve as the primary answer?

It sounded like a good idea to us, and here is the result! (Click on the photos to view them in larger sizes.)


You're building your dream home, but you're running out of money. You can either have a reading nook or a library. Which would it be, and what would it look like?

Cathy's reading "nook"
I've been spoiled. I've had a dedicated library in my home, but then a few years ago I realized that I am not a re-reader, and thousands of books were sitting on shelves and being hoarded, not enjoyed. I've downsized my library (through gifts, donations and Paperback Swap) from over 6,000 volumes to under 2,000.

So... if I were building my dream house, there would be cozy places to read and several bookcases, but I would not build a library. I also wouldn't build a typical reading nook.

I would build one high up in a tree where I could indulge both my love of reading and writing, and my love of photography because I would make sure my reading treehouse would be in a prime wildlife spot!



Name one place to visit that's on your bucket list.

Top on the list? The Maldives in the Indian Ocean. I can't believe how beautiful those islands are!












If you could wish yourself into any book, which one would it be?

As a rule, I'm not a re-reader, and for the life of me I can't think of one book that I'd want to wish myself into-- just in case I get stuck and can't get out. So... I'd wish myself into a copy of the TravelBook, every Jurisfiction agent's navigation manual, and well-known to anyone who's ever enjoyed one of Jasper Fforde's Thursday Next books.

If I were in the TravelBook, I could jump in and out of any book I pleased!









When you're not reading, what are you up to?

I could be catching a Phoenix Mercury game...

I could be out on a desert trail with my husband...

Or I could be needlepointing a cover for my Nook!

I hope you've enjoyed this visual interview with Cathy!  You can find me over here.

19 comments:

  1. I love this idea! And oh my gosh, I want that reading nook, but I'm afraid I would spend all my time staring out the window.

    And The Maldives! Sound like heaven.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sit out in my pool with book and camera at hand, and I manage to get a lot of reading-- and photographing-- done.

      I think it would be perfect for anyone who wanted to escape from their kids (or others) for a while... as long as the ladder could be pulled up!

      Delete
  2. Wonderful interview!! I am learning so much about fellow bloggers!

    Happy BBAW!! Here is my BBAW: Interview Swap with Emma Cazabonne post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun idea to do such a visual post. I love those reading nooks.

    Joy's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could look through photos of reading nooks all day!

      Delete
  4. Awesome way to do an interview, ladies! And oh my, do I want that reading nook...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I started drooling the moment I saw those photos, Debi!

      Delete
  5. This is a fun way to do the interview!

    And, Maldives sounds so good. I am ready for winter to be over here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shouldn't be much longer, Marg!

      Delete
    2. And here I am looking forward to the weather finally cooling down!

      Delete
  6. I agree about saving books I am not going to re-read. I usually give them away.

    Nice interview.

    I had to interview myself since I wasn't aware of this event until yesterday. :)

    Stop by if you like. Have fun...this is great meeting new bloggers and visiting bloggers I already know.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    http://silversolara.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Um, I totally love the picture on your blog. I want to be THERE!!

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. Portree on the Isle of Skye in Scotland-- a beautiful place. I've shopped for groceries there! LOL

      Delete
  7. What a great idea for the interview! Gotta go see how you answered...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. I have to find EVERY reason possible to include the nose. ;-)

      Delete
  9. Love this interview! Such a great idea. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was totally my partner's. I thought it was a good idea too. :)

      Delete

Talk to me!