9.12.2012

BBAW - What does it mean?




So today's prompt is an easy one: What does the book blogging community mean to you?

Um, so seriously I LOVE this community.  And I truly shouldn't even spend as much time as I do here but what's a girl to do when there's like NO ONE in my "real" (used loosely peeps, I know you guys are real too!) world talks about books.

It can make a gal pretty lonely.

I have met some amazingly cool people here and they have enriched my world immensely.  I love that I can spout out random dialogue on Twitter and there's a group of folks who'll respond back with their thoughts on my random bookish thoughts.

I love that I find more books than I could possibly read because a day doesn't go by when I don't read a fantastic review and think to myself, oh yeah, adding THAT one.  You guys are breaking my bank.

The book blogging community has challenged me and encouraged me. If I could turn it into a real life entity I would give it a great big squeezable hug. 

6 comments:

  1. Yes - exactly! I'm so much more plugged in to some of the things around my favorite past time - other readers, books I might never have touched, and authors who I love and appreciate for sharing their creativity with the rest of the world.

    Tanya Patrice
    Girlxoxo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tell you, being a book blogger has made gift giving so much easier at Christmas time! I've gotten people to read books they might not have read otherwise. Of course, blogging has done the same for me. I've read books I might not have looked at twice before.

    The community aspect is by far my favorite of book blogging though. It's amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post...I agree about finding a new book almost EVERY day that you want to read. :)

    To me blogging is all about the wonderful bloggers who make it happen.

    Stop by to see my post if you like.

    Have a fun day.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    http://silversolara.blogspot.com/2012/09/book-blogger-appreciation-week-day-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well said, deary! Well said! Written. Whatever. You know what I mean.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yup. Like THE BIGGEST HUG IN THE WORLD.

    ReplyDelete
  6. *hug* Bloggy love back at you! It is wonderful to have all these people to talk books with! It is wondrous!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!