4.12.2009

Sunday Salon (04/12) - Easter

Good morning Sunday Saloners!  I hope everyone has plans to enjoy their Sunday.  Mine will be pretty busy - expecting nearly 20 people over for a BBQ and Easter egg hunt (there'll be six kids here!) I doubt that there will be much reading going on today.  Still, it's my hope that I find some quiet time in the evening (as a born introvert, crowds exhaust me, no matter how many people I love in the crowd *smile*). 

I finished Jodi Picoult's newest book Handle with Care this week.  I'm going to review it over the next couple of days but wanted to link to a strand discussing Jodi Picoult that Heather @ Book Addiction started with her review.  It's true - either you love her or hate her.  There's very little in between!

Also, I'd like to direct everyone over to Kiss a Cloud who is holding a phenomenal poetry give away for Nat'll Poetry Month - six books total!   

So that's about it.  I haven't been reading as much as I did in January & February.  March was a very slow month in comparison.  I never did post my stats, but I think that I only read six books.  I have a feeling April is going to be the same.  I'm not quite sure what started the slump.  I don't think that I've been any more busy than usual.  Gods know that I have a lot of books on my TBR shelf to plunge into.  

Happy Sunday everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Easter! I agree with you about large groups of people - no matter how much I love them, I am always exhausted after and want to promptly go home and curl up with a book. Have a fun day, regardless. :)

    And thanks for the link!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm the same. Large groups of people really tire me out (and scared me a little bit :P)

    I hope you're having a great day!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!