Good grief bloggers! Did you know and can you believe that we are almost at the midway point for November? *gasp* That means that December is right around the corner. You know, as in "tis the season"-fruitcakes-and-caroling-and shopping-and-card-writing-and-gift-wrapping.
And then it's NEW YEARS. Which, I'm sure general population views the day as a day of recovering from mad over-drinking and late night partying, but where I view it as the day where I figure out my bookish goals, debate which challenges I really shouldn't sign up for because I don't have time to do them all but they all look like so much fun I end up doing so anyways and never learn, and contemplate which book I'm going to read first for 2011.
Therefore, I thought it was time for me to do a bit of housecleaning BEFORE the event. You know, like, a list of things I'd like to accomplish before December 31st strikes midnight and 2010 is nothing but a year in the past.
Here's what I can think of so far:
1. Examine all of the books that I put on my LT's "want to read" list and weed out books that I either (a) cannot remember why I put them on there or (b) realize were whimsical based on the mood I was in but will probably not revisit.
2. Merge my reviews here at Reading Through The Night with the books on my LT account. Essentially this just means a lot of copy and pasting work.
3. Update my alphabetical list of the books that I've been reviewing here at RttN.
4. Have all of the books I've read in 2010 reviewed before the clock strikes 2011. (I realize that I tend to procrastinate my book reviewing. I will not bombard my blog with multiple posts and will continue to future-date some reviews).
5. Create a page where I keep a list of all of my Sunday Salon topics for easier access when I want to go down memory lane.
6. Assess all of my challenges and cry a river when I realize that I forgot about completing over half of them.
7. Construct a best of and worst of list for the new year.
8. Formally create my 2011 reading resolutions after I examining 2010's.
Aiiigght. I think that pretty much covers the my general mindspace for the next few weeks. I'd also like to have some organization for 2011 here on the blog but haven't fleshed that out yet. I tend to fail if I'm too restricted and so far I've been pretty impressed with my commitment to this here ole blog.
Did I forget anything? What's going on with you as you wrap up 2010?