Golden Globes, Baby!
Squeal! A HUGE guilty pleasure of mine is to watch as many award shows as possible. I mean, this is a real obsession guys. D knows to turn on the television to Etv so I can watch the red carpet leading up the ceremony. I comment, I gush, I pause and make her come back into the room to watch what I just saw. The fact that Ricky Gervais is the host makes it even better. And the cherry on my sundae? Uh, Johnny Depp. Whoot. If there are two celebrities that I crush on the most it's Johnny Depp and Sandra Bullock. Will anyone else be watching them?
Today marks the first day of four weeks in which I am participating in the Game On competition. D finds this hysterical because I am not competitive in the least. HOWEVER, knowing that I have people counting on me in a team puts just the right pressure I need to stay motivated. There are two teams participating: Team Metamorphosis, which includes me, Amanda, Allie, and Trisha; and Team Hunger Artists, which includes Jason, Lu, Amy, and Jenn. (Props for Amanda & Jason for our Kafka inspired names). I'm mostly looking forward to breaking the bad habit of putting salt on my food. Gawd knows there's enough sodium in America's processed diet naturally.
So far I've been quite good and have only read from my TBR shelves. It sorta helps that I have not put myself in any vicinity of a bookstore (although Borders is still having their tent sale...). Also, my reading has been so syrupy slow this month. I don't see my reading time increasing so I'll at least make the dare 'til the end of January. February will be its own conquest.
- Monday's Short Story was "The Most Dangerous Game" except for some reason it didn't post on Monday. :-/ . Oh well, in case you missed it, my review is here.
- Friday Five's topic this week was books that I would really like to reread.
- Reading Women : How the Great Books of Feminism Changed My Life by Stephanie Staal
- The Woman in White by Wilkie Collin
- A Vindication of the Rights of Women by Mary Wollstonecraft