6.05.2011

TSS - End of the Year




The Life

Can I get a whoot whoot.  It’s the final week of school.  AND it’s my birthday.  I can’t really remember how old I am though.  I tend to get confused.  Sometimes I think I’m 32 and other times I think I’m 33.  It probably doesn’t matter because my students swear I’m 28 and I probably still act like I’m 23. 

I’m looking forward to this week, but have to admit it sorta makes me sad.  My students this year have definitely been THE MOST AWESOMENEST. Their personalities complimented each other, and overall we had so much fun this year. 

Wednesday is also the end-of-the-year party that D and I put on each year. By the end of the night we have about sixty or so people in and out of our place for relaxing, playing corn hole, singing karaoke, and other shenanigans.

The Blog

This week I



The Books

This week, I finished

  • Lonesome Dove by Larry McClurty (Western Challenge)
  • What Happened to Goodbye by Sarah Dessen
  • The Girl in the Garden by Kamala Nair (Grand Central Publishing)


This up and coming week, I plan on reading

  • Supernatural Noir by Various (Dark Horse Comics)


Finally, this week I will not be posting.  There's just too much going on and I don't really want to concern myself with writing posts or pre-arranging posts.  I'll still be reading yours though. :)  See ya in a week.

Cheers.

9 comments:

  1. I am so with you on the mixed feelings at the end of the school year. It is sad to say goodbye to the students who are graduating and moving on, but there is a reason we have summer vacation: we all need a break from one another! Have a wonderful week

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on a successful year and Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have 8 days left myself. Enjoy the end of the year. Your party sounds like fun to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy happy birthday!! I have to admit, I turned 32 in March and I've been saying I'm 33 ever since. It's like I just skipped the 32 age...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Corn hole? Afraid to ask. ;)

    Happy birthday and happy end of year. YAY on so many levels!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday! Hope it's a fantastic week even though it's busy. Enjoy the party!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy BIRTHDAY! :)

    I'm jealous you only have one week left-we have two. I imagine that next week I'll be totally absent, so i understand. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. My sister is a teacher and she's working until the end of July... I'm pretty sure she'd like to be teaching in America right now! Hope you had an awesome birthday, and have a great last week at school!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that you loved your students so much. After spending a whole school year with our kids, we really get to know them. A few I just really don't want to say goodbye to! Then it starts all over again next year!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!