8.09.2011

How I Stole Johnny Depp's Alien Girlfriend


Author: Gary Ghislain
Pages: 174
Pub: Chronicle Books, 2011
Genre: Young Adult, Science Fiction?
Etc:

The Short of It

Alien love, the next big thing?

The Long of It

David first meets Zelda in his house ‘cuz David’s dad is a Big Deal shrink and he believes having patients in a home-like situation allows them to get a grip on things quicker.  (Dr. Dad also shuns the idea of crazy).  Zelda is pretty much on lock down.  She might have gotten a wee bit violent in a few escape attempts.  She is quite clear that she is an alien and has come to France to find her soul mate.  David immediately fancies her and her weird ways, so it’s no surprise that when she makes her final escape he offers to help her find her soul mate. 

The Thoughts about It

..and because I know your first question is: Is Johnny Depp REALLY a character in this book (1) I’ll answer: Kinda.  I mean, not to be terribly evasive, but this was a pretty fun book and a quick read so I wanna keep a lid on certain parts that are more cleverly done and exciting.  Sure, the title was what made me order it, and yeah, maybe I didn’t have that many expectations for it being a decent read; but it was,  it had romance and mystery and a chase and adventure.  What more could you ask for?

4 comments:

  1. I'll admit, when I first heard about this book awhile ago, I was a bit skeptical but I'm glad you like it. It does sound kind of cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The title of this book makes me giggle! That is some genius marketing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would totally buy this book for the title alone! Hehe

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!