- Clowns have been around since 2400 BCE in Egypt [I wonder if they have clowns in their tombs?].
- Clown International in England is the oldest clown country club of sorts.[ I wonder what their member's only jacket looks like?]
- Coulrophobia is the fear of clowns.
- John Wayne Gacy was a serial killer known as the "Killer Clown". [Do you think he killed because his parents named him John Wayne?!]
- I watched the flick Killer Klowns from Outer Space many moons ago, but don't remember a freakin' thing about it. I'm sure I laughed.
- These definitions from Urban Dictionary made me giggle.
- There's a very popular Clown Forum where you can find and speak all things clown.
- There's even a Clown Prayer, what the what?!
Plus. I still have six noses to give away. (Remember I'm mailing them out to the first who e-mail me their snail mail).
So who are these krazy kids who will be joining us so far? [If there's an ** by your name that means you've e-mailed me your addy. Noses will be sent out at the end of next week]
Trish @ Love, Laughter, and a Touch of Insanity [she also inadvertently started this madness]**
Natalie @ Coffee and a Book Chick **
Vasily @ 1330v Thoughts of an Eclectic Reader
Care @ Care's Online Book Club**
Maree @ Just Add Books
Patti @ Peppermint PhD
Angela @ Avanta Knits**
Lu @ Regular Ruminations**
We're still working on:
Ti @ Book Chatter
Zibilee @ Raging Bibliomania
So, go get your copy of IT by Stephen King [#italong] and join us for our readalong in September. If not, we just might send in the clowns.
Princess Clown Nose