* Yeah, I mentioned that we had some AC problems last week. Welp, it is officially caput. So this whole week we've been living in our renovated master bedroom, what I call our studio apartment, in order to not die of heat exhaustion! Future suggests we'll get a brand spankin' new unit in two weeks. Praise pizza
* I finished Willow by Julia Hoban on audio and cannot believe how attached I grew to that damn girl. One amazing listen. I found myself waiting in the car before my workout session minutes longer than what I should. Since, I've moved on to Forgotten by Cat Patrick which is such an odd little thing. I'm not quite sure how I'm feeling.
* And on the book-in-my-hand-my precious I'm reading The Age of Miracles by Karen Thompson Walker which is a kinda dystopian science fictiony read and if the protagonist wasn't a young adult, it would completely fall out of my reading comfort zone. [Update: finished the book last night. Not too impressed.]
* The work week has been crazy. Like, WORSE than those calgon take me away commercial.
* Because of beforementioned air issue, I haven't been cooking this week...and hell probably won't for the next week or two. I'm looking for non-stove cooking ideas for dinner. Maybe crock pot or microwave casseroles? Ideas?
* Saw We Need To Talk About Kevin last night. They did an amazing adaptation. It was uncomfortable and desolate and just over all "I wanna take a shower because I feel so gross" brilliant. The actor who played Kevin, um, wow!
* Our state exam is next week. The kids are anxious but I'm not worried. (Okay, maybe a little). More than anything I just feel bad for them. They're stuck in the same classroom for three days for testing and "staying quiet". We did make them a cool survival pack that they'll be getting Monday morning from us.
* Finally, I am slacking a little on my final post for March Mystery Madness. It WILL be up. SOON. I promise. It's just I'm finding it difficult to blog in a warm house. Soon folks, soon.