11.18.2012

TSS - Disappearing Act

Well hello there! Inadvertently I dropped off of the blogging world and had I not already scheduled reviews I would REALLY have been MIA. It's weird because I don't necessarily feel the guilt that I've seen other bloggers express BUT I do feel a certain level of disconnect. Like you guys are MY PEOPLE and I need a certain level of interaction to feel complete in my reading lifestyle.

I've just been so exhausted all. I mean SERIOUSLY. Like last weekend we had a small party and I totally left D to entertain about halfway through so I could go to bed and sleep. THEN I slept ALL Saturday and most of Sunday.  There have been major changes on the work front. New principal, looking for new staff, new expectations coming (I'm sure) plus the normal neurotic data driven discipline that education has turned into makes me for a very overwhelmed camper. Having anxiety issues and panic attacks only adds to the rhythm of terror. Ha! I realize I'm being rather dramatic, but I would really love to go off somewhere and chant with some monks.

Om.

The good thing though? With all of this hibernation I've been doing mad crazy reading. Books read that will eventually get reviewed:

The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
Skinny by Donna Cooner
The Diviner's Tale by Bradford Morrow
Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi
Easy by Tammara Webber
Long Lankin by Lindsey Barraclough
The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
Existence by Abbi Glines
Predestined by Abbi Glines
Ceaseless by Abbi Glines
Matched by Ally Condie
Dani Noir by Nova Ren Suma
Shattered Souls by Mary Lindsey

I also have a whole stack of young adult books waiting for me while on break (Yay for a week off!)

Soon I shall be out of this funk. But for now, I'm just hoping to make it to the end of 2012 without any further fractures. 

4 comments:

  1. I've been taking it really easy the past three weeks as well (ok month) and have been trying to avoid the guilt. We do what we can when we can and ignore the rest, right?

    I need to know your thoughts on The Night Circus!!

    And good luck with the changes. I'm never a fan...

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Like you guys are MY PEOPLE and I need a certain level of interaction to feel complete in my reading lifestyle."

    I know exactly what you mean. I'm really sorry about all the stress and anxiety you've been dealing with, Christina :( I hope you get to rest and relax during your week off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. *hug*

    I'm right there with you. I just feel...overwhelmed with all my other responsibilities, and while I've been reading, I haven't been blogging. I did feel guilty, for awhile there, but now I don't.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've felt the same way and I always feel a little guilty when I haven't had time to visit favorite blogs or post much. Guess I should get over that by now:)

    Hope you are having a good day

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!