11.19.2009

Catching Fire

Title: Catching Fire
Author: Suzanne Collins
Pub Date: 2009
Pages: 391
Genre: Young Adult, Science Fiction/Fantasy


I think everyone already knows how awesome Hunger Games was. Likewise, I am sure it is common knowledge that Catching Fire is the incredible sequel to the Hunger Games and there will be a third book to wrap up the story of Katniss, Prim, Peeta, Gale, and the rest.

So what did I think of Catching Fire? Uh, it rocked. Sure, maybe not in the same rockstar-guitar-and-drum-session that The Hunger Games did, but it was the second in a trilogy, it's suppose to be the transitional book, right?

There were twists and turns and unexpected "are you kidding me" moments. I felt the frustration and chest tightening moments as the triangle between Katniss, Gale, and Peeta builds. Catching Firemaintained the same pace as The Hunger Games - once I started it, I didn't want to put it down. And geez louise, the cliffhanger of an ending. Argh. I have to wait how long until the third one?

(And a side note on series, trilogies, etc. I HATE THEM. I am not a patient person. I get frustrated because I forget important details while waiting in the down time. I felt that way with Harry Potter. And even to this day, I could not tell you what occurred in each book even though I read and watched them all. I have such a short attention span. Remind me next time people when a brilliant series comes out to not read them until they're all published!)

2 comments:

  1. I always prefer to read the series/trilogy once they are all published. Like you, I tend to forget important things/people. I'm not reading these two books til the third one is published :)

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!