Argh! You guys! I'm a still stuffy.head.can't.breath.right.Mouth.Breather! I'm sure you've heard me bemoan EVERYWHERE about this condition because I NEVER get sick. Part of the bonus of being a middle school teacher, I have an immune defense stronger than the best flu shot EVER! Unfortunately, I don't think it's been the flu, but nothing more some truly bad kick me on the arse allergies that left me consuming two gallons of orange juice AND NOTHING ELSE for 48 hours straight. Today I've had a something to eat (soup) but it's not been glorious since I can't taste.
So this means I'm going to cheat this Sunday Salon and just list 25 things that you MAY or MAY NOT know about me. [It truly depends on how long you've been visiting]. I would love for you guys to do the same. Write your own list and link it at the bottom so I'm sure to read it.
1. I curse like a sailor. Seriously. It's awful.
2. I also probably drink like a sailor. For realz.
2. I also use a lot of slang in my speech. [Which might be obvs from my writing].
3. I realize both 1 & 2 & 3 make me the antithesis of an old school English teacher.
4. Which reminds me, I'm also pretty politically incorrect. It's really all about my humor.
5. I luurve me some award shows. (Oh yeah I'll be watching the grammys.
6. I'm not religious NOW but I did ALMOST go into seminary school.
7. I'm a INFJ.
8. People don't believe I'm introverted because when I interact with them I'm usually "on".
9. BUT if I've been "on" for way too long, without a break I'm irritable.
10. I've worked at my school for nearly 8 years and love it there.
11. I was Teacher of the Year three years ago.
12. There are very little things that shock me or offend me. See #4.
13. I earned a double masters in mental health counseling and marriage and family therapy.
14. I initially wanted to work in the prison system with sexual offenders.
15. I also have no kids and never want them.
16. I'm not big on the idea of marriage either, although I support equal rights for all.
17. My partner is nearly fifteen years older than I am.
18. We have four cats; one we will have to put down sometime this month. *cries*
19. I am pro-choice. But mainly, I'm for TEACHING CHILDREN ABOUT SEX. Preaching abstinence doesn't work, folks.
20. I once got into a bar fight (okay, maybe not REALLY fight..but at least a verbal altercation) because some jerk was defending Vick's animal abuse.
21. I still can't believe I'm 34. Seriously. Sometimes I have to remind myself.
22. I'm warm and fuzzy until I feel obligated.
23. I'm not very romantic.
24. I am OCD and take medication for it. You can always tell when I'm stressed because my "ticks" (what I refer to my door check syndrome) pick up.
25. I feel like I lead a pretty successful, fulfilled, and happy life.
Well...there you goes folks. Some tidbits that you might not know. And seriously. Share your own. If you don't want to do a post, write some in the comments. BUT if you do do (heh) a post, link it so I'm sure to read and comment back.
ALSO don't forget about: