4.01.2012

TSS: Bloggiesta and Spring Break





Shut up you guys!  Spring break is over!  I am devastated.  Clearly I need more time to lay around with my cats and books.  Do you hear me Universe?  Let's rewind the week.

ESPECIALLY since our AC broke yesterday.  But after a dramatic twenty-four hours, we have it up and running again.  Trust me.  It was pretty dramatic.  I do not like to sweat.  [Why yes, I dig the irony since I'm the Asst. Track Coach IN FLORIDA].

Ultimately, my reasons for Missus Pouty Face exposing herself is the heat sorta invaded my mental head space to work on Bloggy stuff.  Remember....BLOGGIESTA; Ole!  I did manage to cross some things off of my list, but not nearly as much as I would have liked.  I won't brag, but that's what I'll be doing when I'm off over the summer. 

At the beginning of the week though I devoured books like they were liquid gold.  The reviews will be happening pretty soon, but while waiting, I think ya'll need to high tale it to a library and pick up A Long Long Sleep by Anna Sheehan.  Science-fictiony retelling of Sleeping Beauty?  Yes please.  I read the whole blasted thing on my IPhone because I needed to take it with me everywhere for those sneaky moments that would allow for a page or two.

ALSO! I finally finished The Mill on the Floss by George Elliot.  I know, I know.  I took my sweet little time with that classic.  But it's because I lurved Maggie and wanted her to be my bestie and didn't want her to go away.  But why oh why did NO ONE PREPARE ME FOR THAT ENDING.  Totally was not what I was expecting.  At. All.  In fact, admittedly, it bummed me for part of the day.  More deets about that in the review.  [Oooh, and yay, it counts toward my Classics Club list as well as Princess Bride which I'm nearly finished with.  I'm on a roll baybee!]

Finally!  Since today is April 1st March Mystery Madness has come to an end.  There's still time to write your reviews and leave me the links to them.  Just hop over here.  I'll be posting a compiled and annotated list of everyone's reviews for next TSS.  I didn't read as MANY mysteries as I'd like, but I did manage to introduce myself to the core favorites that I always hear about, namely Christie, Sayers, and Nancy Drew.  Sad that Sherlock didn't hop on board, but I'm not giving up on him....or mysteries.

Aiight.  I'm famished.  Grabbing a bite and then spending the rest of my evening with Wesley.


2 comments:

  1. Woot! Nothing like spending an evening watching The Princess Bride. Best movie ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for hosting the Mystery Madness! I enjoyed it and found a couple more blogs I love! Including yours!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!