11.26.2012

The Unbecoming of Mara Deyer

Title: The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer
Author: Michelle Hodkin
Pub: 2011; Simon & Schuster
Pages: 452
Genre: Young Adult, Paranormal, Series

I'm probably one of the last to have read this book, so I won't say ohemgee that ending?! Because that's what EVERYONE said and if EVERYONE said it then we all know bout that ending.

Yah hear me?

But YOU GUYS there's something I have to admit to and I might be on my own lil' biblio-island but I have completely forgotten EVERYTHING about this book.

For realz.

Like, I was reading the summary from Goodreads and NOTHING was coming back to me.  So then I started googling spoilers and The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer and still naaahsiiing.  Are you kidding me?  I know that I've been on a reading rampage but something should jog my memory.

Zilch.

Then, I began questioning whether or not I actually read the book.  But sho' enough, I have a start and finish date on Goodreads.

So what gives.  How is it that this novel has impressed so many individuals and I seriously could read it over again a week later with nada recollection.

*shrug*

After struggling with this for some time I have a bit of vague wispy memories of closing the book thinking oh yeah, I'll read the second one.  But that's about all I can come up with. 

4 comments:

  1. I wasn't a big fan of this book. I felt like I was the only one who didn't enjoy it. I don't think you missed too much, but I remember also thinking that I wanted to get the second book just to see where it would go, but I honestly was getting a wee bit annoyed with the main character's love interest and the fact that he seemed much more mature and self-assured than most teenage boys actually would be, you know?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope, you're not the last person to have read it. I haven't even heard of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we talked about this on Twitter for a bit. The only reason I liked this book at all was because of Noah. Like Natalie says above - he was way too mature and self-assured for a teenager, but i guess maybe I loved him more for that, because I could pretend he was older, haha! :D He was swoony. But otherwise, I thought the book was crap. Badly written, terribly plotted, horribel through and through. So bad, I read it twice, for Noah. Yeah. And I'll read the next one for Noah too. It's really a ridiculous love-hate thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really wanted to read this one awhile back, but will probably hold off now. Perhaps when all of the follow up books are published and I have a better idea of the overall picture - too many conflicting reviews. And don't feel bad about forgetting, I've done that too many times to count.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!